Forward employment services
Our employment services help people to break the cycle of re-offending and addiction
through training and employment activities that are grounded in the real world of work.
Operating across Justice, Welfare to Work and Local Authority commissioning frameworks,
our services include:
• Motivation: Activities and interventions to engage, inspire, and prepare offender/
learners for real jobs
• Skills: Accredited vocational training based on employer needs
• Starting Out: Apprenticeships and Volunteering
• Into Work: Direct employment of ex-offenders through our award-winning Blue Sky
Agency and wider brokerage services, plus in-work support
• Enterprise: Self-Employment and Enterprising Route ways (we invest in our own
enterprises – and start-up enterprises – led by and employing people in recovery from
crime or addiction)
Our services are informed by years of working with some of the hardest-to-reach people
in the community, in custody and through the gate. Our expert team includes people with
lived experience, who can promote inspirational peer support with our target client groups.
34% of Forward’s staff are ex-offenders or in recovery from addiction.