Who is it for?
You can access this service if you:
- Are aged 16 years or older; and
- Lives in England; and
- Are eligible to work in the UK; and
- Are not already in full-time education – whether you have a job at the moment or not
Some apprenticeships may require previous qualifications such as an English or maths GCSE, but please don’t worry if you don’t have these as we can help you to achieve them as part of the course.
How we help
An apprenticeship is a real job with an employer where you earn whilst learning. Apprentices are employees with a contract of employment and holiday leave. By the end of an apprenticeship, you’ll have the right skills and knowledge needed for your chosen career.
Forward works in partnership with the company that employs you. We deliver the training and teaching, supporting you to gain your qualification. Support includes:
- Regular training sessions to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours for your chosen career path
- Tailored information, advice and guidance (IAG) or careers advice
- Coaching and mentoring support
- Celebrating and promoting your achievements
- Access to our virtual learning environment and ‘e-portfolio’ system (an online portal that not only helps you track your progress but gives you access to your tutors outside of taught sessions)
Is there anything else I need to know?
Forward specialises in delivering the below apprentice qualifications (called ‘standards’):
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2
- Customer Service Specialist Level 3
- Employability Practitioner Level 4
- Safety, Health and Environment Technician Level 3
The Forward Trust is an approved main training provider and on the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers.
More information on apprenticeships can be found at www.gov.uk/become-apprentice
How to apply
To find out more, please fill in the below form or email email@example.com.