Who we help
- Anyone who has completed one of the following Forward prison programmes: The Substance Dependence Treatment Programme (SDTP), Footsteps In Recovery, the Alcohol Dependence Treatment Programme (ADTP) or The Bridge programme
- Anyone who has completed one of our day rehab programmes in either Hull (ReNew) or Dover
- Current service users identified by workers as being on a committed recovery pathway
How we help
Our team provides:
- One-to-one support
- Workshops and e-learning on topics such as: relapse prevention, ‘step work’ (a series of assignments and activities based on the 12-step model of recovery), self-care and money management
- Signposting to local services and fellowship organisations such as Narcotics Anonymous (NA) and your local drug and alcohol team
- Referrals to Forward’s housing and resettlement services
- Links to other organisations such as housing services (including recovery housing), employment services, probation, financial support and residential rehab
- Mentoring from our trained Peer Mentors
- Help to obtain mentoring qualifications
- Access to our Forward Connect community
We also run a ‘Meet and Greet’ service: picking clients up at the prison gate or community project and taking them to their appointments, as well as hosting regular talks and visits to our drug and alcohol services.
For clients who are still based in prison, our Peer Supporters are also a key part of the Recovery Support offer, providing regular check-ins with clients.
Get in touch
To find out more, fill in the form below, call 0300 1240 440 or email email@example.com with the subject line: “Recovery Support”.
When I became at risk of homelessness, my key worker referred me to CGL’s Shepherd House in Folkestone. Within two days, I’d had a pre-assessment interview, and moved in within a week. If it wasn’t for Forward, I wouldn’t have known about it. Not having to deal with the disruption of being homeless so early in my recovery was a huge relief.Darren L, Former Forward client and Trainee Read Darren’s story