Who we help
Our service is for people who:
- Are aged 18+; and
- Live in Ashford or the surrounding area; and
- Have issues with drugs and/or alcohol or are impacted by the drug/alcohol use of a loved one (even if that loved one is not ready to get support themselves)
How we help
The support we offer is tailored to each person’s needs, so will look slightly different for everyone. When you first get in touch, we’ll do an assessment with you to understand what will work for you, before putting together a plan of how we’ll work together. Services include:
- One-to-one and group support
- Health checks and testing for blood-borne viruses, including Hepatitis C
- Help to detox
- Prescribed medication, Naloxone dispensing and needle exchange
- Support from peers who have been through similar experiences
- On-going support from our Recovery Support service
We are unable to accept referrals for people from friends and family members.
Please note: the service is closed on Tuesday afternoons (from 12.30pm).
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, some of our services have moved online or are delivered by telephone. Drop-in services for essential items, such as Naloxone dispensing and needle exchange, are still available.
Get in touch
(Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 9am to 5pm, and Tuesdays from 9am to 12:30pm)
(Evenings and weekends)
“The staff at Forward were brilliant and so helpful. I found this was because many of Forward’s have gone through the recovery process themselves, so they know what it is like.”Keith W, Former Forward client Read Keith’s story