Who we help
Our service is for people who :
- Are aged 18+; and
- Live in Margate, Thanet or the surrounding area; and
- Have issues with drugs and/or alcohol or are impacted by the drug/alcohol use of a loved one (even if that loved one is not ready to get support themselves)
How we help
The support we offer is tailored to each person’s needs, so will look slightly different for everyone. When you first get in touch, we’ll do an assessment with you to understand what will work for you, before putting together a plan of how we’ll work together. Services include:
- One-to-one and group support
- Health checks and testing for blood-borne viruses, including Hepatitis C
- Help to detox
- Prescribed medication (where appropriate and following a medical assessment), Naloxone dispensing and needle exchange
- Support from peers who have been through similar experiences
- On-going support from our Recovery Support service
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, some of our services have moved online or are delivered by telephone. Drop-in services for essential items, such as Naloxone dispensing and needle exchange, are still available.
We are unable to accept referrals for people from friends and family members if the person being referred does not give their consent.
Make a referral
If you are a service provider and want to refer a client to us, please complete the referral from below, and return it to us using one of the secure email addresses listed in the form.
Get in touch
(Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
(Evenings and weekends)
Mill Lane HouseMill Lane Margate CT9 1LB
Since completing the programme, I have learnt a lot about myself. My family wants to know me, I’m clean and feeling better. I see where I went wrong and don’t want to go through that again.Martyn P, Former Forward client Read Martyn’s story