Who we help
Our service is for people who:
- Are aged 18+; and
- Live in Dover, Folkestone or the surrounding area (including the Shepway district); and
- Have issues with drugs and/or alcohol or are impacted by the drug/alcohol use of a loved one (even if that loved one is not ready to get support themselves)
How we help
The support we offer is tailored to each person’s needs, so will look slightly different for everyone. When you first get in touch, we’ll do an assessment with you to understand what will work for you, before putting together a plan of how we’ll work together. Services include:
- One-to-one and group support
- A ‘day rehab’ programme for people who want structured support to become abstinent
- Health checks and testing for blood-borne viruses, including Hepatitis C
- Help to detox
- Prescribed medication, Naloxone dispensing and needle exchange
- Support from peers who have been through similar experiences
- On-going support from our Recovery Support service
We are unable to accept referrals for people from friends and family members.
Please note: the service is closed until 1pm on Thursdays.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, some of our services have moved online or are delivered by telephone. Drop-in services for essential items, such as Naloxone dispensing and needle exchange, are still available.
Make a referral
If you are a service provider and want to refer a client to us, please complete the referral from below, and return it to us using one of the secure email addresses listed in the form.
Get in touch
(Monday to Wednesday and Friday, 9am to 5pm, and Thursday 1pm to 5pm)
(Evenings and weekends)
Maybrook HouseQueens Gardens Dover CT17 9AH
My initial chat was amazing: it was the first time in my life that I felt listened to. I was able to sit down and explain my problems, while someone listened carefully and took genuine interest in what I had to say.Darren L, Former Forward client Read Darren’s story