Volunteering with Forward gives you the chance to gain real work experience whilst making a difference to the lives of ex-offenders and people with drug and alcohol issues. Volunteering with Forward will help you to develop key skills, meet new people and will give you a great insight into what it is like to work in the addiction and criminal justice fields.
Forward encourages and empowers volunteers by providing meaningful volunteering roles and development opportunities that may help prepare you for work. We offer volunteering opportunities in our prison and community projects, and in various Head Office departments.
Volunteering roles include:
- Meet and Greet: supporting our clients on their first day of release from prison
- Mentoring: we have a variety of mentoring roles available from corporate mentoring to recovery mentors
- Community and Prison support volunteers: working with our Drug & Alcohol Practitioners and counsellors to support with the service delivery, including administrative support and reception
- Administration: providing administration support in our teams at head office or other projects based around the UK
Volunteers are treated as equal members of the team and their work is highly valued. We ask in return that volunteers agree to perform their duties to the best of their abilities and show commitment to the values and goals of the organisation.
Forward has been accredited by Volunteering England for our commitment to supporting, enabling and celebrating volunteering in all its diversity.
Former volunteers have gone on to further education, training, and careers in the sector.
Benefits of volunteering
- Induction into the work of Forward and its services
- Regular supervision and support
- Training aimed at enhancing required skills
- Pathways onto accredited learning programmes
- Travel and lunch expenses
- Notification about internal job vacancies
If you are interested in volunteering or would like further information, please contact the Volunteering Team.
To apply for a volunteer position, please read and download the relevant documents before completing the volunteer application and diversity forms. Please email the completed forms to email@example.com, or send to the following address:FAO Forward Volunteering TeamThe Forward TrustThe Foundry, 2nd Floor17 Oval WayLondonSE11 5RR
Some volunteer opportunities are for specific projects or periods, while other volunteer roles are ongoing, and are recruited for on a rolling basis.
If you have skills, knowledge, and experience that you want to offer, please contact the volunteering team to discuss the current opportunities that we have.
Forward welcomes applications that reflect the diversity of the communities in which we work.
Call 020 3752 5560 and ask for recovery support