How we help
We offer a range of psychosocial interventions to help clients address their substance misuse.
- Vitality workshops – a series of sessions for those who find it difficult to manage their emotions and stay safe in relation to drugs and alcohol
- Family Ties – a course of workshops focused on restoring healthy communication and trust between loved ones
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy – a directive, person-centered approach to therapy that focuses on improving an individual’s motivation to change
- Fellowships – we co-facilitate Alcoholics and Narcotics Anonymous (AA, NA) meetings
- Peer support groups
- We provide a range standalone workshops and in-cell activities including distraction packs, games, cross-stitch, card making kits and stress balls
We also deliver holistic therapies including acupuncture, relaxation workshops and Qigong. We regularly run creative writing competitions for residents.
We have also developed a wide range of foreign national resettlement packs for HMP Maidstone residents, containing a wealth of information on a range of different countries.
Our strong relationships with gym staff at HMP Maidstone mean we can deliver weekly gym sessions as part of our Vitality group workshop, as well as regular football tournaments.
- Hepatitis C Trust
- Breaking Free Online
- Fellowships: Alcoholics and Narcotics Anonymous (AA, NA)
How to refer
Any prison resident can self-refer to the service. We also accept referrals from third parties. If a staff member or third party refers a resident we will assess the resident if they agree to engage. All residents are seen as part of their induction.
Get in touch
Since completing the programme, I have learnt a lot about myself. My family wants to know me, I’m clean and feeling better. I see where I went wrong and don’t want to go through that again.Martyn P, Forward client Read Martyn’s story