How we help
We offer a range of psychosocial interventions to help clients address their substance misuse.
- Family Ties – a course of workshops focused on restoring healthy communication and trust between loved ones
- Acupuncture – acupuncture is a form of therapy in which fine needles are inserted into specific points of the body. We offer it as a complementary therapy to help with relaxation and detox
- Looking Forward – GETTING INFO
- At East Sutton Park we have set up a book loaning scheme involving relevant recovery and fellowship literature
- We also support release on temporary licence (ROTL) for clients to attend fellowship meetings
- Hepatitis C Trust
- Fellowships (Alcoholics Anonymous, Cocaine Anonymous coming soon)
Any prison resident can self-refer to the service. We also accept referrals from third parties. If a staff member or third party refers a resident we will assess the resident if they agree to engage. All residents are seen as part of their induction.
Get in touch
Forward’s counsellors and key workers showed me that recovery is working on yourself as well as your addiction. They helped me understand what had happened to me and taught me to believe in something bigger than myself.Sylvia D, Forward client Read Sylvia’s story