How we help
We offer a wide range of psychosocial interventions to help clients address their substance misuse. We regularly update our programme in line with service user need.
Our brief intervention programme consists of six sessions:
- Initial assessment
- Consequences of using
- Setting goals
- Exploring treatment options through 12 steps
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Relapse prevention
Further interventions include:
- Living Safely: a series of workshops exploring the risks associated with drug and alcohol use
- Family Ties: a course of workshops focused on restoring healthy communication and trust between loved ones
- We offer a wide range of standalone workshops and in-cell packs aimed at harm minimisation, risk reduction, and relapse prevention
We also run drug awareness workshops for prison officers, and regularly watch educational, drug-related films with clients to promote awareness and engagement with the service, such as Flights and Nil by Mouth.
We are beginning to introduce a selection of complementary holistic therapies, including acupuncture.
- G4S Health
- In-house healthcare, mental healthcare and welfare services
- Gatwick Detainees Welfare Group
How to refer
Any resident can self-refer to the service and referrals are open to third parties. If a staff member or third party refers a resident we will assess the resident if they agree to engage. All residents are seen as part of their induction.
Get in touch
I loved approaching people on the wing and offering them support and guidance. I felt privileged that they trusted and could open up to me.Darren B, Former Forward client Read Darren’s story