Who we help
Our service is for people who:
- Are aged 18+; and
- Live in Canterbury, Swale or the surrounding areas (including Whitstable, Faversham, Herne Bay, Sittingbourne and the Isle of Sheppey); and
- Have issues with drugs and/or alcohol or are impacted by the drug/alcohol use of a loved one (even if that loved one is not ready to get support themselves)
How we help
The support we offer is tailored to each person’s needs, so will look slightly different for everyone. When you first get in touch, we’ll do an assessment with you to understand what your needs are so we can offer you the most appropriate support. Services we offer include:
- One-to-one and group support
- Access to digital materials
- Health checks and testing for blood-borne viruses, including Hepatitis C
- Support to get on a detox programme
- Prescribed medication, Naloxone dispensing and a needle exchange service
- Support from peers who have been through similar experiences
- On-going support from our Recovery Support service
We also offer online consultations.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, some of our services have moved online or are delivered by telephone. Drop-in services for essential items, such as Naloxone dispensing and needle exchange, are still available.
If you are displaying any Covid-19 symptoms, we ask you to contact your allocated worker to inform them, follow NHS guidance and not to attend any face-to-face appointments at our service.
Get in touch
(Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
(Evenings and weekends)
…Forward taught me to be kind to myself, and that it takes time to rebuild and learn a new way of being.Steve B, Former Forward client Read Steve’s story