Who we help
The Camau service is only available to male prison leavers and offenders on probation aged 18+ with low, medium, and high complexity of accommodation related need in the following regions of Wales:
- South Wales
How we help
The Camau Service provides a comprehensive range of accommodation related activities, designed to support clients to access safe, stable accommodation.
The Camau Support Team works closely with each client to determine and address their needs. Support includes a mix of group and one to one accommodation related interventions, delivered in mandated locations, and Kaleidoscope premises:
- Peer mentoring
- Benefit applications
- Income and expenditure calculations
- Housing applications and rent deposit applications
- Referrals to specialist interventions, including Citizens Advice and Money Advice Service, Illegal Money Lending Team and local Credit Unions; emergency accommodation and crisis payments
- Fact sheets on benefits, in English and Welsh and translated into different languages when required
- Advice on rights, entitlements, changes in legislation, local services and support networks
- Training courses in Tenancy Sustainment, Being a Good Tenant and Moving On
How to refer
Referrals can only be made by probation service staff via the CORRE. The CORRE will take the lead with the Refer and Monitor Interventions system.